In this article we’ll review Die Grinder vs Angle Grinder and see which one comes out on top!
Power tools have time and again proven their worth for the woodworkers and blacksmiths. You can use them for all sorts of artisans like sanding, polishing, honing, and even machining a plethora of materials. Power tools these days are easy to use and generate results without any mess.
That being said, a couple of tools seem different but tend to be used for similar purposes. And that’s when all the confusion starts to get in the way.
This article is dedicated to resolving one such problem: the confusion between die grinder vs. angle grinder.
What is Die Grinder?
- 25000 RPMs for fast material removal of the die grinder
- Cushion grip body of the electric die grinder provides maximum comfort
- Self-locking touch control trigger of DEWALT die grinder prevents accidental start ups when not in use
- Aluminum Body Design
- Touch Control Trigger
Pneumatically powered cutting and grinding tools used for heavy work are usually referred to as die grinders. These tools were rather popular before the use of CNC units caught pace. They were known to be the tools of grinding sculptors who’d rely on sheer manual skill to craft molds and dies with these.
For this article, we’ve chosen DeWalt's Straight Die Grinder DMWT70783 . It is a beautiful piece of hand-held machinery that comes packed in a light-weight aluminum body. The tool is rather powerful for its nature and yet weighs around nine ounces only.
When to Use DeWalt's Straight Die Grinder DMWT70783?
The DeWalt's Straight Die Grinder DMWT70783 is a versatile tool. Nevertheless, we’ve still compiled a list of its uses that we like the most: –
- You can bring it to use while working on your auto projects. The too works wonders in removing and scraping off the paint job on all sorts of metal parts.
- You can even use it to give metal surfaces a smooth finish. It can typically be used for all sorts of metal polishing.
- And, finally, you can use it carve beautiful structures out of wood.
Pros & Cons of DeWalt's Straight Die Grinder DMWT70783
- This tool comes packed in a cushion grip body to provide the users with optimum levels of comfort.
- DeWalt offers its standard 3-year limited warranty on this gadget. You even get a 90 days money-back guarantee along with it.
- You can even avail of free service for the first year.
- You may find it next to impossible to wipe clean the tool after a heavy-duty polishing or grinding activity. This is mostly because of its textured surface.
- The initial use of the tool may feel a bit uncomfortable due to excessive vibrations.
What is an Angle Grinder?
- Powerful 7.5 AMP motor for high output power in a more compact tool (only 4.5 lbs.)
- Small diameter barrel grip (only 2-1/2"") for added comfort
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Lock-on/off feature for continuous operation
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
An angle grinder or a disc grinder is yet another portable power tool. Much like the die grinder, even these tools are used for abrasive cutting purposes. They’re even used to polish up the metal surface. Nevertheless, these tools are not usually meant for heavy-duty work. Therefore, they typically run on electrically powered motors.
We’ve chosen the Makita 9557PB Angle Grinder to represent angle grinders in this comparison of die grinder vs. angle grinder. Anyway, it’s a portable tool that weighs 4.5 pounds and runs on a 7.5 Amp electric motor.
When to Use Makita 9557PB Angle Grinder Bench Planer?
Grinding tools are known for their versatility. And, Makita 9557PB Angle Grinder is nothing different in this matter.
Here are some of the most diverse uses of this tool we like:
- It can be used to cut through metal objects with ease with its 11,000-rpm producing motor. Therefore, cutting through metal sheets, rods, and bars is relatively easy.
- You can even bring it to use while cutting tiles, mortars, and concrete.
- This tool’s compact design with a 2-12″ diameter barrel even lets you use it for all sorts of polishing activities. In short, you can use it to take off the rust from old metal artifacts.
Pros & Cons of Makita 9557PB Angle Grinder
- This tool comes with an unusually large paddle switch that lets you use the device with ease.
- It also features a protective zig-zag varnish. This keeps the tool safe from flying debris.
- It also features wires that are thick and closely wound. This, in turn, grants this tool resistance against excessive heat.
- There have been instances of people reporting the tool’s overheating while working on tiles and mortars.
- The motor might not seem to last over 1.5 years of use.
- Might randomly turn itself off while working.
Main Difference Between Die Grinder vs Angle Grinder
Before moving into a straight comparison between a die grinder vs. an angle grinder, you must acknowledge a simple fact. Both the tools are made for industrial work and can perform relatively well.
That being said, both devices do have some differences:
– Makita 9557PB weighs 4.5 pounds and runs on a 7.5 Amp electric motor. However, the DeWalt DMWT70783 weighs merely 9 ounces and runs on a pneumatically powered motor.
– Another big difference between the two is their overall structure. While the Makita 9557PB comes with a protective varnish, the DeWalt DMWT70783 lacks one. And this makes the real difference in terms of durability while comparing die grinder vs. angle grinder.
We’ve already established a relatively clear picture in terms of dies grinder vs. angle grinder. Both the tools represent a specific segment that is the best in its classes. That being said, we’d prefer using the angle grinder, for it is a lot more versatile in terms of usage!
|1||Bosch 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder 1375A||3,145 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|2||AVID POWER Angle Grinder 7.5-Amp 4-1/2 inch with 2 Grinding Wheels, 2 Cutting Wheels, Flap Disc and...||2,244 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|3||RYOBI AG4031G 4-1/2" 5.5-Amp Angle Grinder||43 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|4||BLACK+DECKER Angle Grinder Tool, 4-1/2-Inch, 6 Amp (BDEG400)||3,341 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|5||DEWALT Angle Grinder, One-Touch Guard, 4-1/2 -Inch (DWE4011) , Yellow , Small||903 Reviews||Check Latest Price|