In this article we’ll review the Angled VS Straight Finish Nailer and see which one comes out on top!
If you want a finished and handier nailing experience, then Nailers or the nail guns are the coolest tools you can opt for. Although both the Angled and Straight finish nailers belong to the same family, they serve their users for different purposes.
Thus, here we are with a comparison between Angled v/s straight finish nailer so that you can opt for the nailer you want depending on your work.
What is a Hitachi NT65MA4 Angled Finish Nailer?
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Integrated air duster can be used to clear away dust and debris from the work surface in preparation for nailing or gluing
- Tool less, easy to clear nose for quick nail extraction should a nail jam during use
- Selective actuation switch allows for either sequential or contact nailing with a simple flip of the switch no tools or parts required
- Tool less depth of drive dial adjusts for flush fastening into varying materials for improved control and a professional finish
When it comes to a nailer, the handiness, durability, and versatility matter the most, and Hitachi NT65MA4 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer has all these features, including an additional air duster. That means no need to worry about cleaning post your work. This Angles Finish nailer do it automatically while you are using it.
Also, it has a 360 degrees debris cleaner, thus no need to worry about any dirt and dust. With an easy to hold the handle, it has a rubber trigger that makes it easy to operate this nail.
When to use Hitachi NT65MA4 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer?
Along with a clean workspace, with this Angles Finish nailer, you are going to get 15-gauge nails of variable length ranging from 1.25 inches to 2.5 inches. Thus, it is a versatile nailer irrespective of the material.
Apart from this, you can load it with at most 100 nails at a time, making it suitable for long-lasting work without a refill. Even if you want to use it in corners or awkward space, it provides 34 degrees tilted magazine to make it handy and accessible. Because of its tool-free feature, it will help you finish your work quickly.
Pros & Cons of Hitachi NT65MA4 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer
- Because of its 15-gauge nails, it is suitable for professional purposes as well.
- It provides a safe and robust bond of nail and material.
- For better visibility and accessibility in awkward spaces, it has a 34-degree slant.
- It has a capacity to contain 100 nails at a time.
- It is a heavy-duty Angled finish nail, perfect for professional purposes as well.
- It is made up of plastic, which is not of suitable quality for nailers.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Features both a contact and a multi-fire trigger for both single and sequential firing modes
- Accepts 16-gauge brad nails ranging from 3/4 to 2-1/2 inches
- Depth adjustment wheel allows users to control the depth of the fired nails
- Magazine holds up to 100 nails at a time
- Includes a spacious carrying case, rubber-gripped handle, and lubricating oil
If you are looking for a versatile and user-friendly nailer, which not only helps in your professional purposes, but is also suitable for DIYs, then must consider WEN 61764 16-Gauge Pneumatic Straight Finish Nailer. It can hold up to 100 nails at a time of 16 variable sizes, ranging from 0.75 inches to 2.5 inches.
With a light bean indicator, it keeps the nails’ tack in its magazine and alerts you when it is time to refill. With an easy to press the trigger, you can make sure not to fire two nails at the same point. Another impressive feature of this straight finish Nailer is that it comes with a spacious carrying case, lubricating oil, and grip handle for its easy transportation.
When to use WEN 61764 16-Gauge Pneumatic Straight Finish Nailer?
Suppose you are looking for a versatile Straight Finish Nailer that works perfectly on wooden furniture, crown molding, hardwood flooring, concrete walls, panels, cabinet, and whatnot. In that case, Wen 61764 16-gauge Pneumatic straight Finish Nailer is what you are looking for.
Apart from this, you can adjust the depth of the nail just by rotating a depth wheel. It also has an easy to release nose, with which it becomes very easy to clear-off jams.
Pros & Cons of WEN 61764 16-Gauge Pneumatic Straight Finish Nailer
- It provides a sequential firing mode with which one can quickly fire multiple nails simultaneously at quite a small gap.
- It also contains an adjustable depth wheel with which one can adjust the nail’s depth in the material.
- Versatile and durable.
- It comes with a large carry case, making it portable.
- Magazine of this Straight finish nailer can contain up to 100 nails at a time.
- It faces issues in triggering two and 2.5-inches nails.
Main Differences Between Angled VS Straight Finish Nailer
The significant difference between an Angled v/s Straight Finish nailer is as follows:
– To quickly identify these two nailers, look at its magazine. The magazine of WEN 61764 Straight Pneumatic Straight finish nailer is attached in a straight position while Hitachi NT65MA4 Angled Finish nailer is attached. Slightly tiled at 34 degrees.
– It is easy to use the Angled Finish nailer in awkwardly compact spaces as compared to that of Straight Finish nailer.
– When talking about Angled v/s Straight Finish Nailer, the prior contains a 15 gauge nailer with a D-shaped head to provide better grip, while the latter includes a 16 gauge nailer with a T-shaped head.
– Angled Finish Nailer is a little bit expensive as compared to a straight finish nailer.
Conclusion & Recommendation
Both the Angled or Straight finish nailer has their pros and cons. If you want to make a cabinet and work in some compact space, then an Angles Finish nailer is suitable.
On the other hand, if you want to hide the nail completely, you must consider a straight Finish nail.
Angled Finish Nailer
Straight Finish Nailer