Looking for a Review on Wen 6552 Planer?
Do you wonder how wooden furniture, bought from the market, looks lavish and attractive with a smooth finish? Well, Wen 6552 Planer review will help you to find the answer.
This planer is meant for professionals and can help you furnish your wooden shelf or table.
Porter cable thickness planer review
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty planer to help you out smoothening the surface, then Wen 6552 Planer is apt for you. However, this planer is a bit heavy, and it allows you to work efficiently. The heavyweight stabilizes the machine when it’s moving.
This benchtop corded electric planer has an onboard material removal gauge, which helps the users know about the cutting’s depth with each pass.
Weight: 66 pounds
Dimensions: 25.25 x 21.75 x 16 inches
Style: Standard cutter head
Power Source: Electricity
Included components: Thickness Planer
Measurement system: Metric
Voltage: 115 Volts
Warranty: 2-year warranty
- Heavy-duty: It is capable of handling big projects of carving wood.
- Fast wood cutting rate: It has a 15 Amp motor which generates 25,500 cuts per minute at the rate of 26 ft. per minute.
- Clean and manageable: The 3-blade design does easy work out of the hardest woods. The process of assembly is easy. You can attach a dry/wet vacuum to minimize the clean-up.
- Powerful engine: The 15 Amp powerful engine helps to carve most of the irregular surfaces.
- Capacity: It can plane boards up to 6 inches (T) and 13 inches (W).
- Easy features: It comes with a comfortable crank handle that helps in height adjustment. You can adjust the planer’s tune-up to 1/64 of an inch at every quarter of the rotation.
- Perfect angle adjustment: The infeed and outfeed tables allow you to adjust the planer at an ideal angle, enabling it to plane wooden surfaces with the most excellent efficiency and perfection.
- Tri-roller feeding system: This system allows you to reverse the blades when one side gets used enough. This elongates the life of the blade, and thus, the planer runs for a longer time.
This Wen 6552 Planer can be used to plane out the rough wooden surfaces. The tri-rolling feeding the system and reversible blades allow you to use it efficiently. This means that the machine will stay with you in the long run.
The process of assembly is pretty straightforward. The manual or a YouTube video is enough for you to understand the easy process. The height of the planer can be adjusted easily with the help of a rubber-grip adjustment handle. Each quarter of the rotation adjusts the height of the planer by 1/64 of an inch. Therefore, the finish is pretty smooth.
The dust hose connection port allows you to minimize the dust. The dust is kept in one place without any haphazard.
Being a product produced by Wen, which specializes in producing types of equipment for years, it has all the necessary safety features. The mounting holes maintain stability, and the safe key near the start button is another perk.
The voltage required by the Wen 6552 Planer is 115 volts. Being a heavy-duty planer, it must require a considerable amount of electricity. However, in this case, the power consumed by this planer is nothing more than what an average hand planer requires.
For safety and stability, the mounting holes are provided. Also, the safety key supplied with the power button allows you to switch it on manually.
Does it have a standard 110 plugin?
Yes, it comes with a standard 110 plugin and can be attached to almost all the switchboards.
What is the size of the infeed/outfeed table?
The infeed/outfeed table’s size is around 13-1/4 inches x 9-1/2 inches.
Is regular maintenance required for the rollers?
The rollers wouldn’t require maintenance if you keep the blades sharp and the base clean and smooth.
Although Wen 6552 Planer review states a few cons, it would be perfect for anyone who wishes to do all the heavy-duty work independently. Also, it is fit for commercial purposes. So, waiting for it would be a waste. Go and book your Wen 6552 planer right now.