In this article we’ll review the Bosch Vs Dewalt Router and see which one comes out on top!
While considering the best router, the primary features we consider are power, delivery, and precision. But what are those top routers with perfect specifications?
We have come up with two models: the Bosch and Dewalt, as the topmost router you can consider. Here is a quick comparison of them over each other to help you choose best among Bosch v/s Dewalt router, depending on your requirement.
What is a BOSCH 1617EVSPK?
- Versatile: This versatile kit can be used for a broad range of applications, including precise bit plunging, edge forming, slot cutting, laminate trimming and dovetail cutting; Making it one of the most widely used routers for wood working
- Durability: Aluminum construction makes this one of our most durable wood routers yet with wooden handles on a fixed base and a soft grip handle on a plunge base
- Ease of use: Rounded hardwood handles maximize user control
- Convenient: With the built in constant response circuitry, our 1617EVSPK wood router will maintain a constant speed throughout the cut, so you get cleaner, more accurate results
- Kit contents: Includes a plunge base, fixed base, 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch collet chucks, shaft wrench, collet nut wrench, chip shields and carrying case
BOSCH 1617EVSPK router is one of the easiest to use a wood router to show off your DIY skills and make quite precise cuts with ease. It has two different bases, one classic wooden base to cut woods and another plunge base for detailing and accurate cuts.
Also, as it is enclosed in an aluminum frame, it is a long-lasting router. With six different speed settings, it becomes pretty easy to use this Wood router.
Yet, the best feature of this router is its soft start. Unlike other tools, it starts very smoothly and maintains a consistent speed all the time while cutting with it.
When to use the BOSCH 1617EVSPK?
If you want a wood router perfect for both extensive diameter cutting and small diameter cutting, then you can’t find a router better than BOSCH 1617EVSPK.
Providing six different speed settings, the speed varying from 8000 to 16000 FPM is for large diameters and metals solely. At the same time, the speed from 20000 to 25000 FPM is suitable for small diameter and plastic cuttings.
It is a versatile router that works well on various materials, including metals, woods, PVC, plastic, and others. Apart from this, with consistent power consumption, it provides accurate cuts and straight lines.
Pros & Cons of the BOSCH 1617EVSPK
- It provides a perfect grip to its user, ultimately helping in precise cuts.
- It offers two bases, one wooden and another plunge base to give the tool stability while cutting.
- With double insulation, it maintains its speed irrespective of the voltage fluctuation and thus lasts longer.
- It also has a soft start technique, and so you won’t experience excessive torque while starting this router.
- A versatile router works well on all the kind of materials.
- It bushing can clog sometimes.
- The router can wobble while changing the base sometimes.
What is the Dewalt DW618PK?
- 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP), 12.0 amp electronic variable speed motor of DEWALT router provides the power to rout smoothly through the toughest hardwoods
- DEWALT plunge router features electronic variable speed with full feedback control for constant speed under load from 8,000-24,000 rpm and soft start to reduce start-up torque for enhanced control
- Micro-fine, depth-adjustment ring provides precise depth adjustments in 1/64-inch increments and adjusts vertically for a constant switch/cordset location
- Adjustable, tool-free, steel motor cam lock makes depth adjustment and base changes quick and solid-locking
- Integral, through-the-column dust collection collects 95% of the dust and provides superior bit visibility
If you want a pocket-friendly router with the most relaxed specifications, then Dewalt DW618PK is the one. Another soft starting router, you will not get strain and torque while starting it, making it lasts longer and away from wear and tear.
It provides two different bit shanks of size ¼ inch and ½ inch. Apart from this, you will get a fixed base and plunge base, which one can use depending on the work you are doing. Yet the most impressive feature of this wood router is its columnar dust collection system. \
No need to worry about the post-cleaning, as it collects all the dust with its mechanism, leaving the workspace clean behind.
When to use DEWALT DW618PK?
Being versatile, it is suitable for professionals as well as the hobbyist. Even for a beginner, it has very easy to use controls, making it very easy for them to operate this router.
The power of this router can vary from one hp to 3.5 hp. Thus, you can use it for various materials, changing its speed depending on the type of material. Also, its motor provides variable speed ranging from 8000 to 24000 FPM.
Even after attaining the highest possible speed, it maintains consistent and precise cuts without wearing and tearing of the machine because of its durable body.
Pros & Cons of Dewalt DW618PK
- With its wide range of functionality, it becomes pretty easy and manageable to use this wood router.
- It is very budget-friendly and provides an all-round functionality to its users.
- Because of its versatility, it works on all the materials, including wood, metal, plastic, PVC, and others.
- It provides both the fixed and plunge base depending on the work you are going to do.
- Because of its heavyweight, it is not a portable and flexible product at all.
- It didn’t come with the centering tool, which needs to be purchased independently.
Main Differences between Bosch Vs Dewalt Router
When looking for Bosch v/s Dewalt router, you may find various similarities between both the routers, but both the routers differ in a few aspects, which includes:
– Although Dewalt can attain a maximum cutting speed of 24000 strokes per minute, Bosch has a maximum of 25000 strokes per minute.
– Bosch router is better in terms of the extra accessories as compared to Dewalt.
– Dewalt weighs a little more than that of Bosch, making it more stable and consistent than the Bosch router, yet Bosch is also very durable because of its solid build.
– Dewalt comes with a dust collector as well, making it easy and quick to use this router.
Conclusion & Recommendation
After researching thoroughly about both the routers to find the best wooden router among Bosch v/s Dewalt, we have concluded the Bosch 1617EVSPK is better in terms of all the features, except it is a little more expensive.
Although you will find almost similar features in Dewalt DW618PK as well yet, it lacks behind Bosch in terms of durability, power, and other features.