Looking for the Best Hand Saw for Cutting Logs?
In A Rush? Check Out The Number 1 Pick Here:
- ► EASY TO USE: Our pro hand saw is designed for precise cutting including dovetails, miters, and tenons. The saw cuts through materials like wood, plastic pipe, plywood, wallboard. Ideal for framers, general contractors and woodworkers.
- ► DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Induction-hardened teeth that stay sharp up to five times longer than standard teeth and produces smooth, sharp, and quick cuts. Extra secured blade to handle assembly for safety.
- ► ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Anti-Slip Super Grip handle resists slipping and adds comfort, The handle size will work with any hand size from small to extra-large and is designed to help lessen fatigue when cutting. Unique handle design allows for superior cutting angle.
- ► QUICK CUTS: Three cutting surfaces to cut up to 50% faster than traditional handsaws. Pro hand saw fast cuts on push and pull strokes. Deep Gullets provide rapid removal of chips.
- ► THICK BODY BLADE: 16-inch Pro Hand Saw with a 9 TPI high carbon steel blade for rigidity and control. You can count on these Hand Saw to deliver superior, long lasting performance and great results.
Handsaws are traditional and indispensable equipment with chisel-like edges, the best way to cut logs without a chainsaw. These tools are designed especially for wood cutting projects. There are various types of hand saws available in the market to select from, which can be difficult. In this review, we have recommended some of the best hand saw for cutting logs you can purchase.
Features the Best Hand Saw for Cutting Logs Should Have
- Hand saw types: You should purchase the type of hand saw which fulfills your necessities. For cutting words quickly and roughly, you can purchase a panel saw for accurate cuts, a backsaw, etc.
- Tooth shape: Crosscut and Rip shape teeth are available in hand saws.
- Tooth count: For cutting the wood quickly, a large hand saw tooth is ideal, but the surface won’t be smooth. Small hand saw teeth are perfect for precision and fine cut, but they are not suitable for cutting long logs.
Top 5 Best Handsaw for Cutting Logs: Product Reviews
1. No products found. | Best Overall
No products found.
The No products found. is a multi-purpose folding handsaw with a curved blade. It is lightweight equipment that can be carried easily to your work sites. The blade is 1.8 mm thick and has a 14-1/5″ long saw permitting you to have a comfortable cutting experience.
It delivers fast cuts because of its adequate thickness and length of the blade. The handle has a rubber grip, and the saw is made of aluminum. It can give you both long and small cuts.
2. WilFiks Pro Hand Saw | Durable Blade
The WilFiks has a 16-inch razor-sharp tooth blade that can cut through various materials. Its dense blade tooth is 5X longer than standard equipment. The handle is designed for precise angle cuts with an anti-slip feature and firm grip. It has a 9TPI carbon steel blade with three cutting faces for amendable and flexible cutting to increase the cutting pace.
3. BAHCO PC-24-TIM 24 Inch Professional Cut Timber Saw | Best Cross-Cutting Saw
- 24 inches long
- 3 1/2 teeth per inch
- For cutting timber
- 3 sided ground tooth form ensures excellent results in all types of wood
- Comfortable two component handle
The BAHCO PC-24-TIM 24 Inch Professional Cut Timber Saw one of the best hand saws for cutting tree trunks. It is a 24-inch piece of equipment specially manufactured for professional use. It has the capability of delivering long deep, and accurate cuts in any wood.
It has appropriate features to offer, such as sharp blade perfect design, adequate size, etc. The sharp blade is 3-1/2 tooth per inch, enabling the highest precision in cuts. It is conveniently maneuverable and lighter in weight.
4. Multi-use Gunpla Pro Hand Saw | Best Quality
- The Hand Saws blades are made of 65 manganese steel, a very resistant and strong one which enhances the blades’ durability. The holders are made from pure PP plastic material for excellent grip and comfort.
- This 3 Pieces hand saw set is composed of 1 Cross Cut or Rip, 1 Back and 1 Jab Plasterboard hand saw. The Rip and Back Hand Saws have triple edged cutting surfaces to cut up to 50% faster than traditional handsaws.
- With perfect and sharpened teeth, the hand saws will always deliver smooth finish in the different works on wood and others.
- Gunpla Hand Saws have 3 sided precision ground and induction hardened teeth for easy and perfect cutting. Readily made to accommodate the different situations on the field or on a project.
- Good saws for general and specific purposes for both professional and amateur DIY maintenance or work.
The Multi-use Gunpla is available in a set of three tools, 6 inches, 12 inches, and 20 inches of the jab drywall, hacksaw, and handsaw, respectively. This multi-purpose hand saw can cut through any material such as plastic pipes, drywall, wood, etc.
It can multitask as well, like woodcutting, pruning, and lawn work. The blades are created from manganese steel that increases its durability and cutting capacity.
5. 9.6 Ounces Coher Hand Saw | Best Design
- WHAT YOU NEED: Whether you’re a wild-life enthusiast, a veteran hunter, you enjoy camping or hiking or you simply need the best tools for your gardening hobby, when it comes to folding saws coher has the perfect solution!
- MULTI-PURPOSE & VERSATILE: This pruning saw is a must-have tool in your collection, being ideal for a wide variety of activities including gardening, pruning, trimming, sawing, camping, hiking, hunting and cutting wood.
- COMFORTABLE GRIP: Unlike similar products on the market, this hand saw for cutting wood comes with an ergonomic non-slip handle supported by a leather strap, providing stability and enhancing maneuverability.
- SAFETY COMES FIRST: With a 2-angle adjustable blade, folding design and secure blocking system, this hand saw is highly convenient and safe for beginners and professional users!
- FINEST QUALITY MATERIALS: This pruning saw is made with premium quality, highly durable 65mn steel and TPR material, having a special design which is guaranteed to withstand the test of time without rusting.
The 9.6 Ounces is 7.9 inches long. To increase the accuracy level, the blade has three razors cut sharp teeth. It is easily portable with plastic case protection.
The hand has an anti-grip smooth feature. It can be folded easily, and the blade is adjustable from two angles, weighs around 8.4 ounces, and has a gear lock for safety reasons.
Q: Teeth per inch in Coher?
Q: Can you replace the blade of WilFiks?
In this article, we have reviewed five powerful hand saws with striking characteristics. Among all the products mentioned above, BIGBOY 2000, Silky Hand Saw can be noted as the most efficient option. This review can help you get the best hand saw for cutting logs in 2020.
- JAPANESE HAND LOG SAW: It is an authentic Japanese saw that is ideal for crosscutting log, firewood, limb. Convenient for log work and firewood work. You can cut off thick trees or cutting down trees by your hand.
- CUTTING RAW WOOD: The saw blade is made with Japanese steel and can easily cut not only dried wood but also living wood, unseasoned wood, green wood.
- HARD TO CLOG: The blade is a rough TPI that is not easily clogged. When start to cut, use the blade near the handle. Then use the entire blade for cutting. Even thick trees can be cut surprisingly quickly.
- TRADITIONAL JAPANESE PULL SAW: Japanese saws cut trees with pulling force. This curved Japanese saw is called TEMAGARI SAW. It has a shape that makes it easy to put pulling power even large trees. All KAKURI brand products are manufactured in Japan and handcrafted by Japanese craftsmen.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Made in Japan / Blade TPI: 5-6 (Crosscut Saw) / Blade: Japanese Steel / Handle: Japanese wing nutlet / Blade Length: 14 inches (360 mm) / Size: 4.3×0.9×22.4 inches / Item Weight: 7.9 oz
- Crosscut hand saws are more efficient and shorter than an axe when cutting very large wood or breaking down felled trees into matches. Crosscut saws are saws designed to cut wood perpendicular to the grain of the wood.
- Cross-cut saw for cutting on push-pull stroke. Crosscut saws use special teeth called "rakers" designed to clean out the cut strips of wood from the kerf. It is necessary to sharpen the sawtooth before use
- In actual use, Hand crosscut saws have certain advantages over gasoline-powered saws, A kit for saw crosscut work weighs much less than a kit for chainsaw work.
- The one-man crosscut saw adopts high-strength 1.5mm thick and high-strength rigid, "D"-shaped comfortable handle, which is helpful for fast cutting, and allows two man saws to also be used by one person, pushing as well as pulling.
- Each one man crosscut saw comes standard with an auxiliary handle, which can be used to assist cutting when used by one person, or as a secondary handle for use by a second person.
- Efficient and powerful motor: 12 Amps powerful pure copper motor windings, this circular saw can deliver full-size performance at 5,500 rpm to cut through tile, wood, metal panels, plastics and flooring in a single pass with accurate blade
- Adjusting depth of cutting and bevel angel: A depth fast and accurate adjustment lever allows for adjustment of the saw's base plate. Maximum cutting depth at 90 degrees is 62mm and at 45 degrees it is 46mm. 0-45° bevel tilt function
- Laser and rip fence: An adjustable fence for thinner cuts, with graduated ruler markings on the base and fence. The integrated adjustable laser allows following the line along the length; Circular saw equipped with a hex nut for blade replacement
- Integrated dust extraction: Powerful integral blower keeps the line of cut sawdust free; Dust extraction facility for maintaining a clean work area and keeps the cut line free of dust for improved visibility; Only 7.1 lbs. and reduce your fatigue
- What you get: Circular saw, 24-teeth TCT circular saw blade, rip guide, Hex key, dust blower, warranty Card
- PROFESSIONAL GARDEN JAPANESE EXTRE-LONG SAW with 13 inches (33cm) curved mono-constructed blade. Including Clip-on belt case to secure and carry the product when not in use
- IDEAL PRUNING SAW FOR MEDIUM TO LARGE BRANCHES And wood logs. Durable taper-ground hard chrome-plated SK-5 high-performance replaceable steel blade, for efficient cutting of trees
- ERGONOMIC DESIGNED HANDLE for a comfortable grip, non-slip rubber handle provides efficiencies for professionals
- THE SLOTTED BLADE CLEANS AS IT CUTS, keeping the blade cooler to resist sap. Constructed with aggressive staggered 4 edge cutting angled razor-sharp teeth and with 7 teeth per inch to reduce cutting resistance and cut on the draw stroke for faster, easier, and smoother cuts with less effort
- SPANISH QUALITY SINCE 1921: Altuna professional cutting tools used by expert gardeners throughout Europe for almost 100 years. According to our traditional quality tools, customer's satisfaction is the basic motto of our company